The Estonian Migration Foundation carried out during the period 02/04/2007−31/08/2008 within the framework of the European Social Fund Measure 1.3 "Equal opportunities on labour market” a pilot project “NEW HOME” the aim of which is to integrate returnees and new immigrants into Estonian labour market through Estonian language and adaption trainings and work counselling.
Project name: NEW HOME – integration of new immigrants into Estonian society and their entry to the labour market
Duration of the project:
02/04/2007–31/08/2008 (17 calendar months)
1, 317, 410 EEK, of which support applied for 1, 053, 928 EEK and financing of the Estonian public sector 263, 482 EEK
Project carried out by: Estonian Migration Foundation
General aim of the project:
Increasing employment through developing human resources: integration of new immigrants into the Estonian society through adaption training and intensive Estonian language studies, their preparation for entry into the labour market.
Direct aims of the project: 1. 60 members of the target group pass the adaption training.
2. 50 members of the target group participate in intensive Estonian courses necessary for their profession.
3. 10 members of the target group participate in individual practical work.
4. 60 members of the target group receive, if necessary, individual counselling and guidance service.
5. 30 members of the target group who participated in the project are employed.
Summary of the planned activities of the project:
Mapping the target group, collecting the necessary information from the migration register of the Migration Foundation, Population Register, Labour Market Board, Citizenship and Migration Board, Unemployment Insurance Fund, local municipalities. The persons who wish to participate in the projects are interviewed at the beginning of the project in order to find out their problems and needs and expectations in terms of the training, also for feedback and making conclusions at the end of the project. The adaptation training will take place as two-day trainings in three times separately for three groups each of which includes 20 members of the target group – nine two-day trainings, in total 144 academic hours. The intensive Estonian language courses are carried out in five 10-member groups: four hours a week during three months – in total 240 hours.
Individual counselling of the members of the target group in making vocational decisions, active search of employment and preparation for work interviews takes place from August 2007 to August 2008, furthermore, case-based approach for establishing contacts with employers, if necessary searching for opportunities for practical work training. Two-day seminar- study tour “Discover Estonia!” for 60 members of the target group. Two one-day seminar-trainings for the project team and representatives of the support network at the beginning of the project and one one-day summarising and analysing joint training together with all members of the target group at the end of the project. Media campaigns and events for informing the public. The project partner MTÜ Kodanikukoolitus compiles the explanatory migration, integration and labour terminology dictionary as a non-monetary contribution that can be measured in money.
Activities carried out within the framework of the project NEW HOME:
1) Three two-day adaption trainings were carried out for three groups (I group – 16 persons, II group – 20 persons, III group - 14 persons). The adaption training was carried out by MTÜ Kodanikukoolitus as thematic cycles: “Estonia yesterday, today, tomorrow”, “Make yourself visible”, “From idea to realization”. The trainees obtained knowledge regarding citizen society, structure of the state, rights and obligations of citizens, labour laws, environmental protection and cultural traditions and their felting in the society. An excursion to the Riigikogu was also organised for the participants. After the adaption trainings the participants in the project are able to write their CVs, search for employment ads in the Internet and send their CVs to the work portals and know how to behave at a work interview;
2) Two seminars for the project team and network took place;
3) 41 members of the target group (3 groups in Tallinn, 1 group in Narva and 1 group in Tartu) passed a 48-hour Estonian intensive course by the guidance of the courageous language teachers of OÜ Sugesto;
4) During the entire project the participants had the possibility to use the service of employment counselling, which was offered by MTÜ Felicitas;
5) By the guidance of MTÜ Kodanikukoolitus two study excursions (Läänemaa and South-Estonia) took place with 36 participants from the target group.
Integratsiooni ja Migratsiooni Sihtasutus Meie Inimesed - Lõõtsa 2a, 11415 Tallinn Telefon: +372 659 9021 Faks: +372 659 9022 E-mail: email@example.com
Kõik õigused kaitstud Integratsiooni ja Migratsiooni Sihtasutus Meie Inimesed poolt
Viimati muudetud: 30.11.1999